The staff at Howard Springs Staff can help you with your psychological wellbeing. If you have a pre-existing mental health problem conditions, please let us know.
If you are on medications, you should continue them and we can help get you a prescription whilst you are in quarantine.
There is also mental health staff available on site, just let us know if you need to talk to someone and we will book you an appointment.
TeamTALK is a free, phone-based support service provided by TeamHEALTH in the Northern Territory and funded to support residents at Howard Springs.
They provide a range of services including financial help such as accessing government support and phone counselling for psychological distress. TeamTALK can help organise services such as psychologists or counsellors throughout Australia if needed.
They are open 7 days a week from 8 am to 10 pm on 1800 832 600
- Suitable for anyone who is having difficulties with their mental health or wellbeing
- The Phone Support Workers are all Territorians who understand the landscape of how we are being impacted by Covid19 and other matters in the Territory
- You don’t need a diagnosis to call
- The line is free and confidential
- All our Phone Support Workers are professionals and have appropriate training
- You don’t have to sign up for ongoing support, it can just be a one-off phone call however if you do need additional support, we are available to provide this over the phone or through one of our Outreach programs
Head to Health has specific psychological tips for coping with infectious diseases and an online course for coping with stress.
Access free online tools and learn practical ways to protect your mental health.
BeyondBlue has specific information about COVID-19, and includes counselling, chat services, and online forums.
- Contact 1800 512 348
- Help for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
Access Hub Video
Help for people for whom English is not their first language
Coping with isolation and being at home
- Coping with quarantine
- Feeling down / depressed
- Managing anxiety levels
- Balancing study / life in lockdown
Northern Territory Mental Health Line is a 24-hour crisis support line. This is the best line to use if you plan on living in the NT after you leave quarantine (otherwise Lifeline is across Australia and is very similar).
Contact 1800 682 288.
- If violence is in progress – please contact the oncall emergency phone 0427 051 089
In an emergency, contact 000 and inform the operator that you are at the Howard Springs International Quarantine.
- 1800RESPECT is the National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service, providing a counselling, information and referral service for all Australians. They have a 24/7 phone line for anyone seeking advice or help (1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732) and an online chat service -
- The Northern Territory have a range of service, all accessed through the website: Domestic, family and sexual violence
- If you would like a confidential conversation with medical staff alert your Telehealth Customer Service officer on 08 9544 6500 who will organise a confidential conversation.
MindSpot are a digital mental health clinic providing therapist guided online psychological services. They provide a quick response with programs for general wellbeing, anxiety, depression, stress and pain. They also have many fact sheets including many related to COVID-19The service is free. Contact 1800 61 44 34
PSYCH2U is an online psychology service providing access to psychologists via telehealth.
They are private psychologists, but most of the fees are covered by Medicare if you are eligible.
They can ‘bulkbill’ if necessary meaning no charge, and can also charge privately if residents do not have Medicare eligibility.
All of their work is via telehealth, meaning you speak to a real psychologist, but over the computer (like Skype) or phone.
The waiting time to see a psychologist via this service is approximately 2 to 4 weeks, but they can sometimes provide urgent appointments.
If you need a mental health plan or referral Howard Springs doctors can help you with that.
PSYCH2U can also provide referrals to online psychiatrists and general practitioners (GPs) if needed.
Health and symptoms
If you feel unwell or develop any flu-like symptoms such as a fever or cough, please let us know immediately.
What are the symptoms?
fever (sweats)? cough or shortness of breath? sore throat? tiredness (fatigue)?
I don't speak English
If you need mental health support in your language, you can access any of the following resources: