- This course has passed.
AUSMAT Clinical Team Leader Course
September 23, 2021 – 8:00 am – September 25, 2021 – 5:00 pm ACST
This three-day intensive course focusses on advanced negotiation skills, international humanitarian systems and the AUSMAT role in a deployment. Includes both classroom and practical application, including a two-day field deployment.
Course aim: develop clinical team leaders in their role as overall medical and nursing leaders of a deployment.
Course content includes:
- Humanitarian systems/international frameworks
- Advanced negotiation
- Team operations and dynamics
- Speciality needs assessment
- Equipment familiarisation/camp planning
- Operational logistics/security awareness
- Legal frameworks/ethical considerations
- WHO clinical guidelines
- Medical operations and logistics in the field
- Environmental health assessment
- Medical management in austere environment
This course is for: Senior medical and nursing clinicians, Senior emergency services workers, Senior medical Defence Force officers, Senior environmental health officers nominated by each state/territory.
Course location: Darwin
Upcoming course dates: TBA
Participant numbers: min 12 | max 24
Notes: registrations are restricted. Participants are selected by their state/territory disaster unit.